The Society and Security Insights (SSI) is the official scientific periodical of the Association of Asian universities, the main professional platform for open communication of leading scientists in the field of transnational cooperation, publishing original articles in a broad range of issues relevant to public security, its forms and manifestations, considered from the social science perspective. It provides a forum for researchers and academics to debate internationally relevant issues that fall within the scope of social sciences, including but not limited to:
- International, national and regional security
- Security in Asian region
- Theoretical and methodology questions of research about society and security
- Risk, threats and security: social and psychological aspects
- Sociology of security
- Social researches and monitoring of security
- Demography, migration and public security
- Security of information area
- Educational area of security
- Information and educational area of security
- Historical aspects of security
- National policy, international relations
- State, civil society and stability
Manuscripts submitted to the Society and Security Insights are critically evaluated for compliance with the following criteria:
- compliance with the Journal aims and scope
- high scientific level and practical significance of findings
- originality of materials, responsibility to uphold expected ethical standards (absence of plagiarism, simultaneous submissions, submission of previously published articles, conflicts of interests)
- compliance with the requirements of the “Authors Guidelines”
The SSI Journal accepts articles in Russian and English.
The SSI Journal has both print and online versions, the latter is managed with the Open Journal Systems (OJS). All articles are distributed online and free of cost (Open Access).
Peer Review Process
All submitted articles undergo double-blinded peer review, meaning that hat both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process. The quality of reviewing is ensured by careful selection of reviewers with scientific degrees and seminal publications in the corresponding field. Board members and invited highly qualified specialists can also act as a third, or trusted “tie-breaker” reviewer on articles where there are split opinions from the other referees. If there is an evident non-conformity with aims and scope of the journal, the board has the right to reject the article can be rejected or returned to the authors for revision before review.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides full open access to its content, following the principle that free open access to research results contributes to global knowledge exchange.
Benefits of publishing with Society and Security Insights
- the journal is the official scientific periodical of the Association of Asian universities; its founders are acknowledged leaders in Eurasian scientific and educational areas;
- the Editorial board includes leading Russian and international specialists in the fields, covered by the journal, having great experience in research and scientific publication;
- the Publication ethics of the journal and its Peer review policy correspond to high standards and requirements for scientific journals and editions:
- This journal provides immediate open access to its content; all articles are freely available and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.;
- all articles are registered in the CrossRef system and receive the DOI (digital object identifier);
-the journal is included in the Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI) and international authoritative academic citation databases, search engines, electronic libraries, institutional repositories, archives or other collections of scientific and other articles, providing better visibility and the spread of your research and ideas: Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, Google Scholar, ROAD, Eurasian Scientific Journal Index, OCLC-WorldCat, the Registry of Open Access Repositories (ROAR), ROARMAP, OpenAIRE, Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE), ResearchBIB, Socionet, Scholarsteer, World Catalogue of Scientifc Journals (WCOSJ), Scilit, Journals for Free, Journal TOC, OAIster, SOCOLAR, JURN, JournalGuide. The list is constantly revised and supplemented, that increase visibility and citation of its articles.