Aims and Scope
Aims and Scope
The Society and Security Insights (SSI) is the official scientific periodical of the Association of Asian universities, publishing original articles, analytical reviews, unpublished translations of scientific works of foreign scientists, reviews and short communications on a broad range of fundamental and applied social research issues related to risk and security, their social construction and interpretation, impact on public perceptions, social processes and social institutions functioning.
The creation of the SSI journal reflects global trends in the development of scientific communications and international academic collaborations and is grounded by the long-term development strategies of the Association universities, focused on enhancing the quality of scientific publications and establishment of new high-level scientific editions, their promotion at the international level, increasing their representation and visibility in global information area.
The mission of the SSI journal consists in offering a hub for the exchange of knowledge and experience, fundamental and applied research results, communication and discussion, development of partnerships and assistance among scientists within and outside the Association of Asian universities.
It provides a forum for researchers and academics to debate internationally relevant issues that fall within the scope of social sciences, including but not limited to:
- International, national and regional security
- Security in Asian region
- Theoretical and methodology questions of research about society and security
- Risk, threats and security: social and psychological aspects
- Sociology of security and risk
- Social researches and monitoring of security
- Demography, migration and public security
- Security of information area
- Educational area of security
- Information and educational area of security
- Historical aspects of security
- National policy, international relations
- State, civil society and stability
Special emphasis is placed on the issues of transborder cooperation, on the analysis of migration processes, international and inter-ethnic relations, cultural and confessional diversity and their links to risk and security.
Articles are published in Russian and in English languages.
Benefits of publishing with Society and Security Insights
- the journal is the official scientific periodical of the Association of Asian universities; its founders are acknowledged leaders in Eurasian scientific and educational areas;
- the Editorial boardincludes leading Russian and international specialists in the fields, covered by the journal, having great experience in research and scientific publication;
- the Publication ethics of the journal and its Peer review policy correspond to high standards and requirements for scientific journals and editions:
- the journal provides immediate open access to its content; all articles are freely available and licensed under a Creative Commons AttributionLicense that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.;
- all articles are registered in the CrossRef system and receive the DOI (digital object identifier);
- the journal is included in the Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI) and international authoritative academic citation databases, search engines, electronic libraries, institutional repositories, archives or other collections of scientific and other articles, providing better visibility and the spread of your research and ideas, the academic databases, search engines, and repositories: Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, Google Scholar, ROAD, WorldCat, ROAR, ROARMAP, OpenAIRE, Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE), ResearchBIB, Socionet, Scholarsteer, World Catalogue of Scientifc Journals, Scilit, Journals for Free, Journal TOC, OAIster. The list is constantly revised and supplemented, that increase visibility and citation of its articles.