Acta Biologica Sibirica is committed to real and immediate open access for academic work. All of the ABS articles and reviews are free to access immediately from the date of publication. There are no author charges (commonly known as APCs) prior to publication, and no charge for any reader to download articles and reviews for their own scholarly use. The ABS operate a Gold model of open access, therefore it is free to all at any time and in perpetuity.
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s) or the author's employer. Regarding copyright transfers please see below.
- Authors grant Acta Biologica Sibirica a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its original authors and citation details are identified.
- The article and published supplementary material are distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0):
Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0)
Anyone is free:
to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix — to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
Attribution. The original authors must be given credit.
- For any reuse or distribution, it must be made clear to others what the license terms of this work are.
- Any of these conditions can be waived if the copyright holders give permission.
- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
The full legal code of this license.
Contents of the journal is registered with the Directory of Open Access Journals and similar repositories. In submitting their work for publication in ABS, authors agree to the terms set above. Authors are free and encouraged to store their work elsewhere, for instance in institutional repositories or websites such as academia.edu to increase circulation (see The Effects of Open Access). Authors are also able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal. ABS does not charge any reprint fees and it is not necessary to contact ABS for permission.